Friday 22 May 2015

Deciding When to Update an iPhone

Hey Everyone,

Different kind of post today. Going to fill you in on something that has been happening in my life. As you all know, iPhones smash up pretty easily. They are quite fragile little things, and I'm willing to bet that either you, or someone you know has an iPhone.

I will do you one better actually, I'm willing to bet that you or someone you know has an iPhone with a broken screen. 

I am also willing to bet that either you or someone you know has an iPhone that is no longer the newest edition.

I am all of these people. I have a smashed iPhone 4 and I have been waiting for my plan to renew so that I can get a new phone for cheap.


The front looks like this, the back is worse and the glass is falling out. 
(Ok... I sometimes pick the glass out.)


Here is my dilemma: My phone plan ends in June, the iPhone 6 is basically already old news.

The way I see it I have two options...

1. Wait until apple releases the iPhone 6s/iPhone 7 (whatevers next) in what is expected to be September.

Pros
  • I will have the newest iPhone
  • It will still be kind of relevant three years later when my plan runs out again
  • It will be nicer than the iPhone 6
Cons
  • I have to go the whole summer with my crappy iPhone
  • They might not come out with a new phone for a long time

2. Get the iPhone 6 in June

Pros
  • I will have a new phone right away
  • It is much nicer than my shattered 8GB iPhone 4
Cons
  • It will become outdated much faster
  • They may come out with a new phone right after, and I will be stuck for three more years.
  • If they update right away my phone will actually be four years old (like my one right now) and be very slow and not advanced and crappy sooner
I know that both options are good options, but which one is better?

OR I could go down the samsung route. I have been a loyal apple customer for years, we are an apple household but I've been hearing good things about samsung.

:)
-Robyn Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment