Monday 18 May 2015

Burt's Bees Review

Hey Everyone,

So I've fallen in love. True love, the kind that makes you do things you've never done before. Like... for example finishing a lip balm.


I am Robyn Banks and I am in love with Burt's Bees.


I have always had a thing for lip sticks, balms, or glosses. I distinctly remember a time when as soon as I had been able to gather up a dollar worth of loose change from the crevices in the couch I would beg to go to the dollar store and buy some new gloss. I still have that un-quenchable desire for more.


I recently was at my local shopper's drug mart and on a whim, I purchased a trio of balms and chapsticks I had never tried before from the Burt's bees collection. I chose the original balm, the pomegranate replenishing chapstick, and the pink grapefruit refreshing chapstick. 


Oh Boy, was I ever impressed.


Let's start with my favourite of the ones I tried, the classic original balm in the tin.                                                                                     





It's smooth, it's seductive. This lip balm isn't flavoured but if you rub it on you will feel a minty-tinge. It's cool, and energizing. It makes your lips look redder than normal and the best part is that it's all natural. It's my go-to, and it should be yours too. This lip balm changed my life, and it continues to amaze and impress me every morning. (only negative is that it's a bit awkward to put on because you can either smush your lips into the tin; much faster- or get your fingers all lip-balmy and use them to apply... however I do quite like the tin so, give and take).


Moving on the most delicious of the bunch, the refreshing pink grapefruit.






I personally, am a sucker for anything pink grapefruit. It is possibly my all-time favourite scent (for hand lotions and lip balms). It truly is refreshing as-well. This lip balm is great for when you're having a bad day. One application of this sucker and your feel like you're on a beach somewhere eating pink grapefruit off a silver platter. In general it's a good pick me up, love the scent... plus the cute pink packaging is a major perk.


And last but not least (ok-for me it was my least favourite), the replenishing pomegranate.




This lip balm wasn't bad. It replenished me, it smelt fine, it tasted fine, however... not gonna lie, it didn't measure up the way the others did. I enjoyed it enough, but unfortunately it suffered an untimely death the way most lip balms do, and was melted and ruined in the washing machine. It will be missed, but not really because I still have two cuter, smoother, fresher, shiner, glossier, and better burt's bees to enjoy.

The original lip balm is soon to be the first ever in my all-time gloss collection to be completely finished without being lost... so long as my pink grapefruit doesn't beat it.


:)

-Robyn Banks


No comments:

Post a Comment